MORE INFORMATION ON SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS
Stand with Parkland Board Member Ryan Petty wrote an op-ed in June 2020 about the importance of school resource officers. You can read. “Parkland Dad: The Call for Officers to be Removed from Schools is a Mistake” here.
Stand with Parkland has compiled the following links as a resource for schools and communities. Please click on each point below to download and read the research.
Research into School Resource Officers
- Our Schools Are Still At Risk – What Can We Do? (Green Schools Catalyst Quarterly)
- Parkland parents defend school police as protesters call for them to be defunded (South Florida Sun-Sentinel)
- School Resource Officers Finding New Ways to Patrol Schools During Pandemic (Spectrum News 1)
- School resource officers excited to return to Wausau campuses (WSAW)
- School resource officers tackling different roles this year (ABC 33/40)
- School resource officers prepare for unprecedented school year (FOX 59)
- Southwest Virginia school boards adopt resolutions in support of school resource officers (WCYB)
- Resource officers a vital part of school support system (Helena Independent Record)
- Over $316,000 in grant funding allows schools to have resource officers for the first time (KRCG TV)
- Amidst calls for police reform, Anchorage School District opts to keep School Resource Officer program (Alaska Public Radio)
- Getting rid of school resource officers not likely to happen in Colorado Springs, officials say (The Gazette)
- Lightfoot Rules Out Removing Police Officers from Chicago Schools (WTTW)