5 QUESTIONS EVERY FAMILY SHOULD ASK AS THE SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS
Stand with Parkland – The National Association of Families for Safe Schools has released a series of five questions that families need to ask to ensure their children’s safety as the school year begins.
These questions are a starting point for an extended conversation that families should have with their children’s school officials, teachers, and administrators to understand how prepared a school is to address safety issues and how transparent a school is when they occur.
- Does the school have an active shooter policy?
- Does the school train all staff members for active shooter scenarios?
- Does the school have a single point of entry (access control) during school hours?
- Is there a way students and staff can report threats?
- How are parents notified when a threat has been made to the school?
Download the “5 Questions” as a PDF here.